GUIDED HARKERVILLE COASTAL HIKING TRAIL – TWO DAYS OVERNIGHT IN HIKERS HUT
The Harkerville Trail on the Garden Route between Plettenberg Bay and Knysna is one of South Africa’s finest short overnight hiking trails traversing some of the most stunning Cape coastal scenery. GoTrekking guides the Harkerville Trail through endemic coastal fynbos, cool indigenous forests and along the spectacular coast with its massive cliffs and rocky headlands that plunge into the swirling turquoise ocean. This is also known as the little brother to the Otter Trail with scenery to rival the longer trail.
It’s the perfect choice if you have limited time but really want to enjoy of the unspoiled beauty of the coastline. It is quite a challenging hike and you’ll need a head for heights with sections along the coastal crags having ladders and chains to assist hikers as they scramble over some of the tricky rocky sections. The scenery is fantastic and along the trail there are opportunities to cool off in the ocean or in the Cola coloured rivers. Accommodation is in Sinclair’s hikers hut on the forest edge, with basic facilities. You’ll need to carry your gear with you, but as it’s a short trail you won’t be lugging a heavy bag. Email us for details.
SO THAT YOU CAN RELAX AND ENJOY YOUR HIKE, GOTREKKING AFRICA GUIDES:
- Arrange all Park Fees and Permits
- Concern themselves about tides and river crossings
- Provide, tasty, nutritious meals, dietary requirements eg vegetarians are catered for.
- Are trained in rescue
- Carry First Aid
- Are knowledgeable about the wildlife, birds, geology & flora of the Garden route
OPTIONAL EXTRAS INCLUDE
- Transfers to/ from Harkerville
- Airport transfers, closest Airports are George then Port Elizabeth
- Accommodation reservations
- Equipment hire