TSITSIKAMMA & NATURES VALLEY TRAIL – 3 DAYS IN THE GARDEN ROUTE NATIONAL PARK
Hiking in the De Vasselot section of the Tsitsikamma National Park near Natures Valley is an unrivalled experience. The diversity of scenery is astounding and the beauty of the area is breathtaking. This spectacular 3 day trail starts on the banks of the Groot River Lagoon, climbing through ancient forests with their giant trees and abundant streams to vantage points where the magnificent coastal cliffs and turquoise ocean come into view. You’ll wade through clear amber coloured lagoons, stroll along pristine beaches, ascend to the fynbos covered coastal plains at the foot of the Tsitsikamma Mountains and stop off at numerous waterfalls and fern lined pools on your journey through the heart of the Tsitsikamma; ‘place of abundant water’.
Accommodation is in well appointed hiker’s huts on the Tsitsikamma trail; the first is hidden n the forest a stones throw from the Groot River lagoon and Natures Valley beach and the second hut is perched above a spectacular waterfall with panoramic views of the Tsitsikamma mountains. All meals are prepared by your guide, so you’ll have plenty of time to relax and explore.
The trail runs from the Groot River Lagoon at Natures Valley to Blaauwkranz Forestry Station. GoTrekking offer this trail as a guided backpacking hike or as a slack packing trail (your gear is transported between huts and you only carry a day bag). This is a excellent introduction to the Garden route, if you do have more time you could consider doing the Otter Trail or full Tsitsikamma Trail. Email us for details.
SO THAT YOU CAN RELAX AND ENJOY YOUR HIKE, GOTREKKING AFRICA GUIDES:
- Arrange all Park Fees and Permits
- Provide, tasty, nutritious meals, dietary requirements eg vegetarians are catered for.
- Are trained in rescue
- Carry First Aid
- Arrange for your bags to be transported from hut to hut each day, you’ll only carry a day pack on the slack packing option for the Tsitsikamma & Natures Valley Trail
- Are knowledgeable about the wildlife, birds, geology & flora of the Garden route
OPTIONAL EXTRAS INCLUDE:
- Transfers to/ from Natures Valley/ Storms River
- Airport transfers, closest Airports are George then Port Elizabeth
- Accommodation reservations
- Equipment hire